Sunday, December 2, 2007

Guilt

It's sunday morning. And a good catholic girl would be going to church. She would sit through mass, listen patiently to the priest, and recieve communion. Then she would head home, thinking about the priests message and practice it in her daily life.

But I'm not a good little catholic girl. I'm sitting here, writing my first blog entry. I dropped my husband off at the airport this morning amid heavy traffic, and threats from the traffic cop of a ticket, if my husband attempted to get out of the car to retrieve his luggage.

On the way home, I picked up anti-wrinkle moisturizer and eye creme, to help get rid of the dark circles under my eyes. The ones that I inherited from my estranged grandmother, and wish would go away.

My skin has started to betray me.

That dreadful adult acne, that refuses to go away. Even though I pay a dermatologist to get rid of it. His big simple solution, was to go on the pill....as though that tiny daily miracle pill will solve not only my no-need-to-get-pregnant-or-my-husband-will-divorce-me problem, but the acne too. Not only am I not pregnant, but gained ten pounds and kept the acne. Lucky me.

Maybe the good catholic girl would pray for the dark circles and the acne too go away. But we've already established, that I'm not a good catholic girl. Hence the guilt.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love it!! I laughedout loud severa; times. I love your writing. Yay for you having a blog! Keep it up. :) Sara.

Sara said...

OK - I also don't know how to spell check. But I really did like reading your blog. :)